This blog was created as a place for me to say whatever I want. In my life I’m always being respectful, politically correct, watching what I say, how I act, how I react. Sometimes I just want to break away and let it out… Or else I just want a place to write what’s on my mind: Anonymous. No Judgement.
Since it’s inception, this blog has become a place for me to explore the deepest parts of my mind and share parts of myself that I never have before. This blog contains stories and confessions and revelations that I would have never discovered it it wasn’t for blogging. I can confidently say that blogging has changed my life.
In the summer of 2015, this blog was discovered by some co-workers and was maliciously disseminated. At that time, I decided it was best to close down the blog and begin again. Since then, I have been inconsistently blogging under the pen name Agatha Ann on a different blog. Unfortunately, I held so much sadness and resentment about having to leave The Cranky Giraffe behind. Finally, after 3.5 years, I have dealt with the trauma and emotion of what happened that summer and decided to take back what was mine.
On this blog you will find:
- Quirky comments and anecdotes from every day life
- Exploration of the emotional challenges I face after major life changes
- My personal experiences and struggles as a mother of three young kids while trying to complete Medical School and now a demanding Surgical Residency.
- Reflections on my life as a Surgical Resident
- The first ever disclosure of my history of abuse and how I am currently dealing with it
- My journey through the world of Shame: How it has affected my life thus far and how I have worked through it.
- My comeback to this blog after shutting it down and blogging here for a few years in between