I have to say that participating in the Building Rome challenge has been an interesting and successful motivating factor in my life these days. I know the goals aren’t anything too big, but just knowing that I wrote them down somewhere makes me feel a little more accountable to myself. Some weeks I do a pretty good job of meeting my goals and other weeks are a little more of a challenge. However, it doesn’t change the fact that I’m at least thinking about them more often.
Last week was a little bit hit and miss:
1. Run 3 times – I didn’t do this. I was feeling really sick and gross for most of the week (see #2) and so I only managed to run twice: Monday and Sunday.
2. Make appointment/visit my doctor to discuss anxiety meds – I definitely did this. It was very stressful and actually quite a horrible experience (see my last post). I started on cipralex (escitalopram) and it did not go well at all. Every day I felt like I was experiencing a new side effect and my mind just felt like it was moving slower and slower every day. Monday I woke up and felt like I couldn’t remember hos to shower, and driving was extra stressful because I felt like I had to work so hard just to make sure I was being safe. I went back to the dr. and switched to cymbalta (duloxetine), which I have tried successfully in the past. So far I am already feeling better. Hopefully this is a good solution.
3. Blog at least 3 times – Check! I greatly miss the days when I could blog every day. I long for those days again. But alas – I don’t think they will return any time soon 😦
4. Have more patience with my kids – Hmmm. This I’m not super sure about. I think I was definitely feeling less irritable, but I was just feeling less of everything in general (except nauseous – there was plenty of that feeling). I know it is pretty subjective, but maybe I did a better job that usual.
For this week, I am feeling a little uninspired, but I’ll do my best:
1. Run 3 times (this will happen again, I swear!)
2. Wean myself off of round-the-clock anti-emetics (zofran and gravol)
3. Start my third owl cross-stitch for K (I wanted to have it done for our run in September, but I don’t think that will happen)
4. stay caught up on my 30-day ab challenge (which is getting increasingly difficult these days)