I would like to thank the wonderful and talented Allie from Cheerios for Dinner for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award. I am very flattered to have been nominated for this award again in such a short period of time! As we all know, blog awards are fantastic for getting us to do many tasks, and as such, I am going to be a little lame and refer you all to my original award acceptance here. In this post you will find my 11 random facts as well as the people I nominated for this award!
As a honour to Allie, I would love to answer her questions, so here it goes:
1. A particularly bored Dr. Who shows up with a properly functioning Tardis. Do you ask to hitch a ride so you can change something about your past?
To begin with, I should mention that I only recently learned what a Tardis is, and therefore, who Dr. Who is. I can surmise from my limited knowledge that a Tardis is a time machine of sorts. I would LOVE to go back in time and make some interesting changes like: taking away that horrible, no good, very bad relationship that saw this happen… and also the fact that I didn’t start med school until I was 27. I fear, however, that changing these things would mean that my life wouldn’t look like it does today (no DH, no kids, no KM… etc.) so maybe it’s not such a good idea.
- 2. What makes your favorite movie your favorite?
Um, I don’t even know what my favorite movie is anymore… But in all fairness to this question, my favorite movie for most of my teenage years was Speed (yes, the bus movie) because it had Sandra Bullock in it. Sandra Bullock was, for all intents and purposes, my role model/big sister. Creepy, I know. Any movie with Sandra Bullock in it was tied for second place as my favorite movie.
3. Which would you rather do: become fluent in another language or become an expert at a(nother) musical instrument?
This is a hard one. I used to be a phenomenal clarinet player and I miss playing it every day! I would still play it if I had the time. The truth is, I haven’t played since before A. was born. I always wished that I knew how to play the piano. That being said, I also wish I could speak fluent French. Being a Canadian and not speaking both official languages makes me a little ashamed (and it would open so many more opportunities for me). I’ve tried to learn a few times, but it certainly is hard, especially when you don’t use it everyday! If I had to choose, though, I might choose the piano because being an expert piano player would be amazing. i could get by with mediocre French, I think.
4. Who is the most intelligent person you know?
I don’t know if I can answer that. Everyone has their expertise. I like to think my husband is pretty intelligent. But then again, I also think KM is pretty intelligent. That’s a hard, hard question to answer…
5. What’s your favorite idiom?
“When the cat’s away, the mice come out to play.”
6. Think about the last person you spoke to in person. What color are their eyes?
That’s easy! I last spoke to DH. His eyes are blue!
7. A wizard casts a spell on you and you have to live in any cartoon world, from film or TV, that you want. Which do you pick?
I think I’d like to live in who-ville. Everyone looks so happy in who-ville (I’m thinking of either The Grinch or Horton Hears a Who) and all the whos are so friendly and helpful!
8. Have you ever been camping?
Yes! I love camping. I haven’t been camping in a long, long time. In fact, it’s been a good 6+ years since I’ve camped. This is mostly because we used to live really close to the mountains and I love camping in the mountains. Then we moved away from the mountains and we never really found a good place to camp near where we live… Then we had kids and the idea of Camping with young kids is really frightening. This fear primarily exists because I believe that camping isn’t camping unless you use a tent. Tenting with kids = scary. Camping without a tent = not really camping.
9. If you had to make a film about your family, which actor/actress would you cast for each member?
Me: (obvious) See #2 above. DH: Younger Bill Murray. A: The Forrest Gump kid (at that age). E: Any *cute* baby actor would be good. Mom: Meryl Streep. Sister: Nicole Kidman. Dad: A fat, gluttonous, Kevin Bacon (I hate my dad… there is a reason he hasn’t made an appearance on my blog yet). Step-mom: Sandra Oh. Half-Sister: Maude Apatow. I can’t think of someone annoying enough to depict my MIL. Thinking of someone for my dad was hard enough, and I think I am being way over generous with my choices for my step-mom and my half-sister…
10. What type of accent do you have?
I’m Canadian. I don’t have an accent. For real… There was a study done sometime, somewhere, that states that Canadians have the purest dialect for the english language. The scientist background in my wants to find and cite that study, but I’m not going to because it is blogging, after all.
11. What is one thing that you wish every person on this earth could have?
Basic Human Rights. All of them. Freedom, Food, Clothing, Shelter, Healthcare, Education, etc.
- The Liebster Award (sachablack.wordpress.com)
- Award Time! The Liebster … (teepee12.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Blog Award (amominspired.com)
- What’s this? An award? (aglasshalf-full.com)
- Just When I thought Nobody Loved Me-Look Another Award! (raemegoneinsane.wordpress.com)