Today I will officially accept the Sunshine Award that Combat Babe so kindly nominated me for a while back. This is the second of 5 awards that I have been nominated for in the past few weeks. I’m sorry I’ve been so slow to accept them all!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 5 things about yourself.
- Pass the award onto 6 other bloggers and link to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.
5 Things About Myself
- I am a very anxious person and I should probably be on some kind of medication for it. But I’ve tried it and I don’t like how it makes me feel. I have learned how to cope fairly well, but there are still 3 or 4 things that I just worry about way too much for my own good!
- I am obsessed with massages. I could get a massage every day, all day and I wouldn’t get sick of it. Sadly, I don’t get them very often because they are too expensive and DH hates giving them to me.
- I have wanted to be a doctor since I was 14 and when things didn’t go as planned in university, I gave up on myself and settled for something else. I told myself that I would be happy with that decision, and I almost believed it… Until, DH and I moved away from home and started a life of our own. When I finally decided to go back to school and pursuit medicine, I became a completely different person: Something fundamental inside of me had changed. I often wonder what kind of person I would be today if I never made that decision to go back to school.
- I played the clarinet, oboe, and saxophone in school. I was in a marching band as well. I miss playing music, but most of all, I regret that my parents didn’t put me in piano lessons when I was a kid. I am so, so envious of people who can play the piano beautifully!
- I LOVE Karaoke but no one I know like it. I get the feeling that Karaoke is bigger in the US than it is in Canada because whenever we go on a cruise, the karaoke lounge is packed. I haven’t done karaoke for a long time and I’m sure my skills need some brushing up on. Also, all my “good songs” are getting pretty old, so I need to find and practice some new songs.
As I said in my last award acceptance, I haven’t had a lot of time to read many other blogs because I’ve been studying for my exams. I’m not too sure what the criteria are for this award, but here are 5 bloggers whom I love to read:
Courtney – She writes about so many interesting topics and she’s not afraid to be herself.
Amanda – I know I also nominated her for the Liebster Award, but she takes time to post every day and reading about her adventures with allergies and celiac humble me and make me realize how fortunate I am in my life.
Prego and the Loon – She is strong, and amazing and she has overcome a challenge that I would feel is insurmountable. She is truly inspiring.
Xed – Again, I chose her for the Liebster award as well, but I feel like she is like me in many ways. We both feel like different people on the inside than we are in the real world and we turn to blogging as a place to truly be ourselves. I appreciate her introspection and her beautiful writing.
Me Myself and Kids – This is one of the few blogs written by a man about family/life/kids balance. He is an amazing writer and he helps to remind me that this parenting life challenge is also challenging for Dads. I feel like I can get into DH’s head a little bit and understand where he’s coming from, too.